- National Monument Number:
- Lugașu de Jos commune, village of Lugașu de Jos, nr. 214
- Dated to:
- private property
The settlement, located along the E60 main road from Oradea to Cluj-Napoca (Nagyvárad-Kolozsvár), was first mentioned in the bishop’s ledger for the customary tenth in 1291, under the name of Lugas. The word means climbing vegetation. The building was part of the Zichy family’s estate, who were the lords of this part of the countryside. Today it functions as a hotel.
At the beginning of the 1900’s, the one-storey manor with jerkinhead tiled roof was the property of count Zichy Jenő. The listed building has been modified to serve its new function, and has consequently lost its former elegance.