The Gencsi family first joined the ranks of landowners in Ilosva/Ilușva in 1586, then later in the second half of the 17th century once more. From then on out, the family had owned the village for another century and a half. Their sizeable manor, most probably built during the 18th century, can be found next to the protestant church.
After nationalization, the state’s institutions moved in and neglected taking care of the building, leaving it to ruin. Fortunately the building landed in the hands of an entrepreneur after 1989, who invested an enormous sum into its restoration. Hopefully this extraordinary building can one day shine with all its former beauty.